Coronavirus Update 13th March
The Open Centre is open for tours and workshops. Please be reassured that the Open Centre is taking the current pandemic seriously. We are working closely with all of our venues and are aware of the extra cleaning measures they have introduced.
Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara has taken the decision to close to all school visits until a review in April. Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara will able to accommodate some of those visits but if there is a problem with your visit, we will contact you to discuss options.
At our centre we are:
- Displaying all current Public Health England posters regarding Coronavirus
- Cleansing all surfaces after visits including door handles and light switches using antibacterial spray
- Supplying paper towels in our toilets. Pear Tree Baptist Church already supplies these in their toilets. Used paper towels will be removed at the end of every visit.
- Washing our hands regularly as per WHO advice
- Suspending the application of Henna patterns until after the Easter holidays when we will review in light of conditions at that time.
- Asking children to wash hands before any food tasting activities. Schools will need to help with the supervision of this
Please be aware that we have a limited number of toilets and handwashing facilities. As a result, schools may want to consider bringing their own alcohol-based hand sanitiser with them to avoid long queues at the sink at lunch time. However, due to religious prohibitions on alcohol, please leave hand sanitisers at the Open Centre. We would also appreciate it if visitors bring their own supply of tissues.
Should schools have any concerns please contact us. If you wish to postpone your visit, we will try to accommodate you but our diary for next term is already looking full so we may struggle to accommodate you. Please aware that generally the office is not staffed in the afternoon, so email may be a better option.
Comments are closed.