Please be reassured that the Open Centre is taking the current pandemic seriously. We are working closely with all of our venues and are aware of the extra cleaning measures they have introduced.
Visits to Places of Worship
The following venues have decided to close to all visits:
Guru Arjan Dev Gurdwara – will review situation in April
Nottingham Liberal Synagogue – closed until September
Hindu Temple – closed until 15th April when they will review the situation
Derby Jamia Mosque – closed until June when they will review the situation
The following venues are still accepting visits if hygiene measures are followed:
Pear Tree Baptist Church
Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara
Workshops and Talks at Schools
We are still able to offer talks and workshops at the Open Centre. Jewish and Sikh workshops/faith talks will still be running at schools. Islamic and Asian Marriage workshops will not run at schools
Measures taken in Open Centre rooms
At our centre we are:
- Displaying all current Public Health England posters regarding Coronavirus
- Cleansing all surfaces after visits including door handles and light switches using antibacterial spray
- Supplying paper towels in our toilets. Pear Tree Baptist Church already supplies these in their toilets. Used paper towels will be removed at the end of every visit.
- Washing our hands regularly as per WHO advice
- Suspending the application of Henna patterns until after the Easter holidays when we will review in light of conditions at that time.
- Asking children to wash hands before any food tasting activities. Schools will need to help with the supervision of this
Please be aware that we have a limited number of toilets and handwashing facilities. As a result, schools may want to consider bringing their own alcohol-based hand sanitiser with them to avoid long queues at the sink at lunch time. However, due to religious prohibitions on alcohol, please leave hand sanitisers at the Open Centre. We would also appreciate it if visitors bring their own supply of tissues.
Please contact us if you would rather postpone or cancel your visits. Please be aware that the diary for the summer term is already very full and we may not be able to accommodate you. Also the situation is an evolving one and we may not be able to guarantee dates.